Monday 21 July 2014

First things first...

Hello! It feels a bit strange typing into the void - whether there's anyone there, etc - but hopefully, eventually, I'll find some like-minded people who share common interests (or at the very least provide an outlet for what promises to be a long and arduous project...).

I should probably use this first post to introduce myself and say a little about what I'm (planning) to do. I'm an illustrator, among other things, and for a long time I've wanted to do a comic book/graphic novel. Figuring that this would be easier, first time, if I could find someone to write the script/come up with ideas, I began the search for a collaborator, and - after a long search - was lucky enough to come into contact with Berit Brogaard - a Danish born philosopher, working in the US, who shared an interest in Freud. So, some months down the line, with the script just about complete, it's now down to me to start producing the first pages (the plan being to get a sample together to pitch to publishers).

Anyway, since I'm a complete newbie at the comics game, I thought I would use this platform to keep interested parties up to date on my progress, but hopefully to also get some support/advice on the long slog ahead. Indicentally, I've been inspired in this by Nate Simpson's wonderful blog in developing his 'Nonplayer' comic - please check it out, if you haven't already - it's awesome stuff.

More soon!

No comments: