Saturday 2 August 2014

Patreon

In a further attempt to get some funding to complete the comic, I've opened a Patreon account. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a crowdfunding website that allows supporters to back individuals rather than projects. So, rather than (say) support a comic, you give a certain amount per month in order to support the comic maker, and whatever else he or she may be doing.

For me, this is great, because it frees me up to do whatever I want - and I've got a fairly diverse range of interests/skills (illustration, comics, cartoons, fiction, non-fiction, etc). This means that if I can get enough people who are willing to pledge a small monthly amount, then I can use that to develop projects that wouldn't take place otherwise (like this one).

However, there are some consequences for this blog. Since some of the rewards for Patreon supporters will be to get a behind-the-scenes look at the production of the comic, then that won't be material I will be sharing here. I'll still post things from time to time, but my main energies will be on developing content that will keep Patreon supporters happy.

I'll also use Patreon to share stuff I don't share here - some of my writing (short stories and longer works), board and card game designs, and other comics. So, if any or all of these interest you, then please head over there and take a look: http://www.patreon.com/woodpig

No comments: